Digital Magazines Now! @ OPL
The Ottumwa Public Library is pleased to announce a new digital magazine service is now available to our patrons called Zinio. Zinio,
in partnership with Recorded Books (RB Digital) provides full, cover-to-cover, issues of digital magazines
. Patrons will see the same content as the print issues plus some titles include video and audio links as well.
Patrons will be able to view any or all of the 81 magazines the library is currently offering online or download them to their PCs, Macs, or mobile devices. All magazines come with simultaneous access which means if everyone in town wanted to read the current issue of Consumer Reports at the same time, they could (no waiting for any magazines). What?s more, magazines from Zinio will have no due dates. As long as the library maintains a subscription to a magazine, patrons will be free to read them on their electronic device.
To sign up for the service patrons should visit http://www.ottumwapubliclibrary.org/zinio or they can click on the links provided on right-hand column of the library's website.
A handy guide to getting set up is available at http://bit.ly/oplzinio
Go to http://bit.ly/mags2013 to see a full list of titles available as of January 2013.
Steps to Sign-up
- Patrons will need to create two accounts to read magazines, an OPL/RB Digital account to browse and select magazines and a Zinio.com account to read the magazines they?ve selected.
- Go to http://www.ottumwapubliclibrary.org/zinio and click on ?Create Account? to create your OPL/RB Digital account
- Enter your library card number and click ?Validate?
- Fill out the form and click ?Create Account?
- Go to your email. You will be emailed an activation link. When the email arrives click on the link to activate your account.
- Go to http://www.zinio.com and create a free Zinio.com account with the same email address you used to create your OPL/RB Digital account.
- Now you?re ready! Go back to http://www.ottumwapubliclibrary.org/zinio to log in and begin selecting the magazines you'd like to read.
- How To: Create Lists In Your Account
Are you learning to use your Library Account? Here's how to: Create a List - Search the catalogWhen you find something you want to include on a list, click on "Add to Cart"After you have added one or more items to your cart, scroll to the top of...
- Do You Have Your Account Pin Yet?
With the new library catalog & account system in place, we want to make sure we have your account information up-to-date in case we need to contact you. You will also need a four-digit PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use your account. Why...
- Coming Soon: Even More Privacy And Security For Your Account
Would you like more privacy options in your Library account? With our new catalog and accounts system, you'll get more security for your account, and be able to create a personal username for your Library holds slips. With our new system, you can...
- Find Associate Press Videos Through Ebsco
Library patrons now have access to Associated Press Videos through EBSCOhost from home - all you need is your library card! EBSCOhost is your one stop online research tool. With more than 25 databases with current and back issues of online magazines,...
- Tumblebooks Arrives At Opl
The Ottumwa Public Library recently subscribed to a new service for the community called, ?TumbleBooks.? Through TumbleBooks patrons will now be able to go to the library?s website 24/7 and read children?s e-books, play learning games and have books...